Michael Hyatt, a communications and leadership specialist, offers ten ways to read a book. Stop by Michael’s site to see the full post and to keep up with his wisdom.
- Don’t feel that you need to finish.
- Start with the author bio.
- Read the table of contents.
- Quickly scan the whole book.
- Highlight important passages.
- Take notes in front or in the margin.
- Use a set of note-taking symbols.
- Dog-ear (or bookmark) pages you want to revisit.
- Review the book and transfer actions to a to-do list.
- Share the book’s message.