I just finished Will and Spirit by Gerald May, a commitment of careful reading. I took a year and a half to read it slowly while reading other things. Here’s a list of the ten books in my current pile. I’m holding the ones with asterisks now:
- The Memory Palace by Mira Bartok
- Blacks by Gwendolyn Brooks*
- The Year of Magical Thinking by Joan Didion
- Exploring Prosperity Preaching by Debra Mumford*
- Lying Awake by Mark Salzman*
- Faith in the Fire by Gardner C. Taylor*
- Mothers and Sons by Colm Toibin
- An Altar In The World by Barbara Brown Taylor
- Allah: A Christian Response by Miroslav Volf
- A Happy Marriage by Rafael Yglesias
Any recommendations for me, particularly for novels, short story collections, memoirs, or psychology and theology?
And what are you reading?